Ultimaker CPE+material is chemical resistant with high dimensional stability, with the added advantages of increased temperature resistance and higher impact strength compared to regular CPE.
CPE (co-polyester) materials are chemical resistant, tough and demonstrate good dimensional stability. It is a preferred choice for both functional prototypes and mechanical parts.
While both CPE and CPE+ provide similar performance characteristics, CPE+ provides the added benefit of higher temperature resistance and increased impact strength.
Ultimaker's CPE+ can be compared to Colorfabb HT in properties and characteristics.
CPE spools come in 0.75kg. 2.85mm diameter and approximately 90m long.
- Print speed: 35-50mm/s
- nozzle temp: 260 C
- Bed Temp: 110C
- Fan = 25%
- Flow = 105%
- Bed material: Adhesion Sheets on glass (advanced printing kit)
- Door: Yes (advance printing kit)
- Adhesion Method: Brim or Raft for large parts
Reasons to choose Ultimaker CPE:
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent toughness and dimensional stability
- Good interlayer adhesion, especially when using the front door add-on
- Low levels of ultrafine particles (UFPs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Ideal for short-run manufacturing and functional prototypes
- Transparent filament option available
Differences between Ultimaker CPE and CPE+:
- CPE is available in a wide range of colors to choose from, including grayscale for more professional looking models.
- CPE’s tensile and flexural strength are higher, whilst CPE+ is formulated to be up to 10 times tougher.
- CPE+ features a temperature resistance of up to 100 ºC when compared to CPE, which is only resistant up to 70 º
- CPE has a better build plate adhesion than CPE+, but you won’t notice the difference when using the stickers supplied in our Advanced 3D Printing Kit.